Bottle gourd dhal
Bottle gourd dhal north Indian style – Easy Cooking Recipe by Anuradha Ramaswamy
Before reading the recipe of Bottle gourd dhal, let us know about bottle gourd benefits. Bottle gourd has many health benefits. Below are some of the benefits :-
- Bottle gourd is recommended for better digestion and Weight Loss.
- It will reduce the burning sensation and due to its diuretic effect it will reduce the urinary infection also.
- It keeps your heart healthy and also helps in reducing high blood pressure.
- If you are a diabetic patient, then it will combat your excessive thirst.
- Constipation and flatulence can be combated.
- Liver inflammation can be reduced by consuming this.
- Acts as a great remedy for people suffering from diarrhea.
Bottle gourd dhal in north Indian style
Here is the recipe for making Bottle gourd dhal in north Indian style :-
- Chopped chunks of bottle gourd 2 cups
- Cumin seeds 1 spoon
- Bengal gram dhal (kadalaiparuppu) 2 handful
- Moong dhal (Pasiparuppu) 1 handful
- Onion 1 big
- Tomato 2 big
- Garlic 4 pods
- Ginger 1/2
- Turmeric 1/4 spoon
- Chilli powder 1/2 spoon
- Salt and oil as required
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Pour 2 tablespoons of oil in cooker and add Cumin seeds.
Grind(onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes) and add to this.
Cook well till oil omits.
Add Turmeric, chill powder and salt, saute for 1 minute.
Now add the bottle gourd and both the dhal with required water.
Check for the salt, if required can be added.
(Optional can add 2 pinches of garam Masala at this stage.)
Now close the cooker and give five whistle. Once pressure released add chopped Coriander leaves and serve with plain rice or roti.
Note:- if the dhal is more watery mix 1 spoon of atta with little water and then add into the dhal and boil for 1 or 2 minutes.
Though bottle gourd has many health benefits, it also has some drawbacks.
If bottle gourd tastes bitter avoid taking that bottle gourd.
If you feel any discomfort after consuming it, then consult a doctor immediately.
Dear reader, if you are interested in posting some recipes kindly upload your recipes in the below given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page