How to Format and Install Windows in your laptop/Desktop?
How to format and Install Windows in your laptop/Desktop? Computer Maintenance
How to format and Install Windows in your laptop/Desktop?
Some time your laptop/Desktop is attacked by the Virus and it is lacking in its performance. This may be due to many factors.
Some of them are too many installed programs, an overgrown system registry or a malicious software infection. The fastest way to restore its original performance is with a complete hard drive format. However, this process is complicated and can result in loss of data or inability to get your operating system and programs back if you forget a critical step.
Most laptops only have one hard drive, which means that when you want to format it, you’ll need to reinstall your operating system as well. In fact, the easiest way to reformat any laptop is by starting the operating system installation process. To format a laptop hard drive for a Windows computer, back up your data and boot your computer from an appropriately made installation disc, then install your laptop’s drivers from a previously created source. To format a laptop hard drive for a Mac computer, back up your data and reboot your computer from the Recovery menu, where you can use the Disk Utility option to erase the drive and reinstall your operating system. If you want to make sure that your data is securely erased, you’ll need a special program for a Windows computer; Mac computers come with this function built-in, however.
Below are the Steps to perform a complete format and install windows :-
If you have any questions give your comment Kadhambam will help you as soon as possible.
- Back up all of your important data.
Reformatting your laptop will cause you to lose all of your information so it is recommended that you back up your hard drive on an external hard drive, CDs, or DVDs if you wish to keep it.
- Find your Windows product key.
You’ll need your product key in order to activate your copy of Windows after reinstalling. For most laptop’s the product key sticker is affixed to the bottom of the laptop. It may also be with your laptop’s documentation. The Windows product key is 25 characters long.
If you can’t find the key, download and run ProduKey from NirSoft. This is a free program that will display your Windows product key as soon as you run it. You can download it for free here. Extract the file and run the program to see your Windows product key.
- Boot your computer from the installation disc or USB.Normally installation source in DVD is easy.But now a days USB installation is becoming common Make sure the installation media is inserted in your computer. The process for booting your computer varies depending on what operating system originally came installed on it.you have to just prioritize the boot preference and install it
- Windows 7 and older – Reboot your computer and press the BIOS, SETUP, or BOOT key that is displayed when the computer first starts. The most common keys are F2, F11, F12, and Del. In the BOOT menu, set your installation drive as the primary boot device.
- Windows 8 and newer – Click the Power button in the Start screen or menu. Hold ⇧Shift and click Restart. This will restart your computer and load the “Advanced startup” menu. Select the “Troubleshoot” option and then “Advanced options.” Click “UEFI Firmware Settings” and then open the BOOT menu. Set your installation drive as the primary boot device.
Note : by Mr.Raju
Moreover, if you are having older model of computer, there would not be boot menu for boot from usb or pen drive. There you have to take the help of another program to install windows, as it has to be booted from the usb port. All the data will be lost in the pen drive. It is also better to have a 4 or 8 gb pen drive , as i had problems with 16 gb in older machines.The program name to use in older machines in which there is no usb boot menu is plbt.iso, which is very useful.
Or you can go through How to create bootable USB installation Disk? for clear instructions.
- Start the setup process and choose your language.
Click the “Install now” button and then select your language and input method. You’ll also need to accept the license agreement.
- Select the “Custom (advanced)” option.
This will open the hard drive tool, which will display all of the partitions on your laptop’s hard drive.
- Select the partition that Windows is installed on. Select the partition that Windows is installed on.
- Click the “Drive options” link and select “Format.”
- Delete any other partitions you don’t want (Optional).
- Select your formatted partition and click “Next.”
- Follow the prompts to install Windows.
Windows will automatically install all the Hardware drivers. But check and update the drivers manually also from your previously downloaded backups or by running Windows updates.
Thanks and Source :- wikihow
For More Details and Pictures :- visit here
You may be interested in below articles :-
Did you checked this How to apply Patta for land in Tamilnadu?
You may be interested in TNPDS Online-Smart Card-Ration Card-Know everything
You may be interested in Know about Carpet Area-Built Up Area -Super Built Up Area
You may be interested in below Pages :-
If you are looking for a Government job visit our Government job corner by clicking this link. Government Jobs
Visit our Tour Corner to know more visa related information’s/Articles.
Visit our Government Corner for more information’s related to Indian Government and Tamil Nadu Government.
View Technology corner for more technology news.
Post your article in the given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page