IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017 Advertisement No. IITM/R/5/2017 Dated Oct 23, 2017
IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS
CHENNAI – 600 036
IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017 :- IIT Madras invites applications from individuals with an established record of independent, high quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty positions at the levels of:
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: Pay Band 3 (Rs.15600-39100) with AGP Rs. 8,000/-
For direct recruits, minimum pay in the PB-3 to be fixed at Rs.30,000/-. Also AGP Rs.6000/- Rs.7000/- and Rs.9000/- (Pay Band 4, Rs.37400-67000) as per eligibility. (Pre-revised, subject to revision on account of 7th CPC)
in the Departments of
Computer Science & Engineering
QUALIFICATION for IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
Ph.D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout.
Eligibility & Experience will be reckoned as on December 1, 2017
At least 3 years industrial / research / teaching experience excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
Assistant Professor on contractual basis
Candidates not eligible for direct recruitment may be put on tenure track for the regular post of Assistant Professor. At the entry level they may be placed in Pay band – 3 of Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs.6000/- with seven non-compounded advance increments and shall move after 1 year to AGP of Rs.7000/- and after 3 years to AGP of Rs.8000/- with a minimum pay of Rs.30000/- (Pre- revised, subject to revision on account of 7th CPC).
APPLICATION FORM AND INSTRUCTIONS for IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
• Applications are to be submitted online at facapp.iitm.ac.in; fillable forms and instructions for document uploads can be found at the same site. Also send one signed hardcopy of the data sheet (only) to:
IIT Madras Chennai 600 036.
• The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before November 24, 2017.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM for IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
A single application form is sufficient for applying to multiple departments – indicate the departments in the form in the appropriate columns. Enclosures are to be uploaded along with the application form, as separate documents (pdf preferred). The application form / data sheet is a summary sheet mainly for data collection for statutory and statistical purposes and all details should be in attached Academic Profile as detailed below.
Enclose a detailed Academic Profile including the following information:
a) A Teaching Plan, indicating core courses from the IITM core courses master list (available at the iitm website) that you can teach as also an expanded statement of your objectives and long term interests in coursework development. For those with prior teaching experience, the statement should contain student feedback ratings, profiles of “3 best courses” taught by the candidate in the last five years (profile should contain course outline / teaching plan, novel methods used, if any, including online content, term papers, group activity etc.). The statement should also include details of any teaching related awards and details of participation in teacher development programs as participant or as mentor.
b) A Research and Industrial Consultancy Plan highlighting your current and past research interests and achievements as also future plans in the short and long terms. As part of the research plan statement, candidates are expected to submit copies of “3 best papers” authored in the last 10 years, highlighting a) why the work is important (context) and b) if joint work with non-students, what is the contribution. Also to be highlighted are achievements of research scholars guided, especially where one can take pride in the work done or the role played in guiding.
c) Details of publications / conference papers presented, listing chronologically: Names of authors, title of the paper, name of the journal/conference, volume/ proceedings, pages (from – to), year, etc. Group the above as Journal Publications and papers presented at National / International Conferences. For each paper, include citation count and Journal Impact factors as available. Please include DOI reference to the publications where available. The same details may be uploaded as research publication in the upload section of the application portal.
d) Awards, Patents, Prizes etc. indicating: Nature, name of prize/award, awarded by, awarded for, year of award, Name of the patent, year and details about the patent, etc. as well as the candidate’s specific contribution viz a viz the co-inventors.
e) Research guidance (Ph.D./M.S./M.Tech., only those with formal guide status) listing: Research degree, name of the scholar, title of thesis, year of award etc. If candidate is not the sole supervisor (Guide), all co-guides to be listed. Degrees in progress may be indicated separately.
f) Role in and details of externally funded projects carried out, listing:
Title of the project, duration, sponsor, value, co-investigators, if any, role of the candidate and specific contributions, etc. Candidates should highlight specific contributions, if any, to industry, pointing out the challenges overcome, the value of the work to the industry etc.
g) Other Activities like:
Text books and Monographs written with details,
Continuing education programs / conferences organized (as an organizer or co-organizer) etc.
h) Scanned Image of Key Degree / Provisional certificates
i) Any other relevant but brief information on academic standing.
Please follow the step-by-step instructions on the portal to fill-in data and upload the documents as specified in the instructions
Candidates are requested to contact the referees to send letters of reference directly to the Heads of the concerned departments, I.I.T. Madras, Chennai 600 036 either by post or by email; email addresses are listed at the IIT Madras website.
Candidates to upload reprints of three best papers published along with a short description of their technical contribution to each of these papers.
AREAS OF SPECIALISATION for IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
• Details of specific fields and faculty positions currently being proposed for recruitment in different departments are listed in the website as departments / areas along with a list of interdisciplinary areas of interest. It is expected that faculty members will be affiliated to the department most closely associated with their research interests. However, they may teach core courses from other departments also so as to meet individual core course teaching load requirements.
• Further details regarding various Departments, Faculty, Postgraduate Programmes and areas of research can be had from the individual departmental websites and also at www.iitm.ac.in
- dividual departmental websites and also at iitm.ac.in
SCALES OF PAY for IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
The scales of pay along with approximate total emoluments at the minimum of the scale, as of 1.7.2017, for the different posts are as follows (pre-revised, subject to revision on account of 7th Pay Commission).
|Scale of pay (Pre-revised)||Total emoluments|
|With House Rent Allowance||Without House Rent Allowance|
|Assistant Professor||PB3 Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs. 8000/- Minimum pay Rs.30,000/-||Rs.1,09,868/-||Rs.98,468/-|
|Assistant Professor (on contractual basis)||PB3 Rs.15600-39100 with AGP of Rs. 6000/-||· Assistant Professors recruited on contractual basis need not appear before the Selection Committee again to be placed in regular scale as above|
- The posts carry allowances such as A., H.R.A. and transport allowance as per rules of the Institute,which at present correspond to those admissible to Central Government employees stationed at Chennai.
- Depending upon the qualifications and experience, higher starting salary may be offered in deserving
- Those who have applied against Standing Advertisement are urged to submit updated
- These posts may be revised on account of 7th Pay
OTHER SUPPORT FOR PROFESSIONAL ADVANCEMENT OF FACULTY for IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017 :-
- For candidates joining the Institute from abroad – Reimbursement of one-way economy class airfare for travel subject to the condition that they serve the Institute for a minimum period of 3
- Relocation allowance of 50,000/- or actual, whichever is less, towards transportation ofpersonal effects is also provided for candidates joining the Institute from abroad.
- Initiation Grant of 5 lakhs on joining, to be used for initial research set up, travelling toconferences etc.
- Startup Grant of 20 lakhs or more for carrying out research project of 3 years duration.
- Reimbursement of telephone bills up to 750/p.m. and STD facility for office telephone.
- A Cumulative Professional Development Allowance (CPDA) of 3 lakhs for every blockperiod of 3 years (Rupees one lakh per year) is made available to every member of the faculty on reimbursable basis to meet the expenses for participation in national and international conferences, payment of membership fee of professional bodies and contingent expenses (subject to revision on account of 7th Pay Commission).
- No limit on the attendance at International Conferences without Institute financial
- Accommodation: On arrival, may stay in Guest House up to a month on concessional ratesand allotment of single bedroom quarter on spot allotment basis subject to
- The Institute encourages interaction of the faculty with industry, other research andprofessional Consultancy is encouraged at IIT Madras and liberal consultancy policies are in practice coordinate by the Industrial Consultancy and Sponsored Research Centre
- IIT Madras has one of the most vibrant start-up ecosystems in the Faculty of IITMadras are encouraged and facilitated to use the research park and incubation center for start-up initiatives.
- Professional visits can be undertaken during vacation period for carrying out scientificresearch
- Flexible Sabbatical Leave
- Facilities for Research and Development activities exist in all the Departments and These are being continuously modernized with contemporary equipment and services. Good facilities also exist for computing. The Institute has a well-stocked library.
- Medical Insurance for cash-less in-patient treatment at leading hospitals and free outpatientsupport in the well equipped Institute Hospital for Staff &
- Most of the day-to-day facilities are available on the Campus including banks, post office,small shopping center, schools (upto 12th standard), Crèche for children, well equipped hospital, sports facilities including a swimming pool and vast play-grounds for field
Cultural facilities include film clubs, Classical music societies, debating and drama, hobbies club and the Staff Club.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION for IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017
- Permanent faculty positions are open to Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)and overseas citizens of India (OCI). Appointment of foreign nationals for fixed period on contract basis is
- Political and security clearance from Ministries of External Affairs and Home Affairs isnecessary in every case for individuals with foreign
- Reservation:Reservation as per Government of India rules, as applicable to IITs, is followed, without any relaxation on qualifications and Necessary certificates pertaining to the current financial year 2017 – 2018 may be enclosed with the application form.
- Candidatesemployed in Government and Semi-Government Organizations, Public Undertakings, University and Educational Institutions must also apply online through the The signed summary sheet of the application should be forwarded through their present employers. If they anticipate unavoidable delay in their applications being forwarded through proper channel, they may submit advance copies of their applications directly to the Dean (Admn.), IIT Madras.
- Candidatesare requested to send their application in the prescribed format
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not fill any or all the posts
- TheInstitute reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for interview to a reasonable limit on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement and other academic
- Theinvitation to candidate for interview merely indicates that it is felt that he/she with others may be suitable for the post and conveys no assurance whatsoever that he/she will be recommended or selected or his/her conditions specified in the application will be
- The Institute reserves the right to screen and call only such candidates as are found prima-facie suitable for being considered by the Selection Thus, just fulfilling the minimum prescribed conditions would not entitle one to be called for interview.
- Shortlisting information and other routine updates will be posted on the application website Candidates are encouraged to refer to the site for status of application and other updates rather than communicating through e-mail or telephone.
- The Institute may consider candidates whose area of specialization lie outside those stated herein, provided these persons have an outstanding
- Outstation candidates (within India) called for personal interview will be paid economy airfareby the shortest
- Thecandidate is responsible for the correctness of the information provided in the If it is found at a later date that any information given in the application is incorrect / false the candidature / appointment is liable to be cancelled / terminated.
- Candidatescan get in touch with the Head of the concerned Department for additional
For Official Advertisement of IIT Madras Assistant Professor Recruitment 2017,please click the below link Official Link
You may be interested in below articles :-
Did you checked this How to apply Patta for land in Tamilnadu?
You may be interested in TNPDS Online-Smart Card-Ration Card-Know everything
You may be interested in Know about Carpet Area-Built Up Area -Super Built Up Area
Our Popular Pages :-
If you are looking for a Government job visit our Government job corner by clicking this link. Government Jobs
Visit our Tour Corner to know more visa related information’s/Articles.
Visit our Government Corner for more information’s related to Indian Government and Tamil Nadu Government.
View Technology corner for more technology news.
Post your article in the given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page