Indian Navy Recruitment 2017- Government of India
Indian Navy Recruitment 2017
Indian Navy Recruitment 2017 :-Indian Navy Invites Applications from Unmarried Male Candidates for Enrollment As Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – Feb 2018 Batch Course Commencing February 2018
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS :-
- Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) – Feb 2018 Batch.
- Educational Qualification. Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects:- Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
- Age. Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 97 to 31 Jan 2001 (Both dates inclusive).
PAY AND PERQUISITES
- Pay & Allowances.
(a) During the initial training period, stipend of Rs 5700 pm will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible from the date of commencement of service.
(b) On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs 5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ Rs 2000/- plus MSP @ Rs 2000/- plus DA (being revised as per 7th CPC).
- Promotion. Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @ Rs 4800/- Plus MSP @ Rs 2000/- plus DA (being re-vised as per 7th CPC). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- Perquisites. .
(a) During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
(b) Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility/admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
- Insurance Cover. Insurance cover (on contribution) of Rs 37.50 lakhs for all sailors is applicable.
- Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- Written Test.
(a) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
(b) The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
(c) The question paper will be of 10+2 standard and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
(d) Duration of examination will be one hour.
(e) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT). PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical Standards.
(a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standards prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
(b) Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
(c) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
(d) Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only
“Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note:- Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax, and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
|12. Visual Standards. Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note:- Applicants declared Permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
- Tattoos. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e, from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
TRAINING AND INITIAL ENGAGEMENT
- Training. The training for the course will commence in Feb 2018, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
- Discharge as Unsuitable. Sailors are liable to be discharged as “UNSUITABLE” due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
- Initial Engagement. The initial engagement is subject to successful completion of training and is for a period of 15 years.
SELECTION PROCEDURE for Indian Navy Recruitment 2017
- The applications are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded. The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) The ‘Online’ applications alongwith the required certificates will be sorted out State-wise. The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2.
(b) Call up Letters cum Admit Card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep/Oct 2017, would be required to be downloaded from the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The Call up Letters cum Admit Card will be tentatively uploaded on website by End Aug 2017. No separate Call up Letter cum Admit Card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
(c) All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, the candidature will be cancelled.
(d) Results of the examination will be announced on the same day and those who qualify examination will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
(e) Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medicals can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/ appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
(f) Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/appeal is permissible.
(g) A merit list will be prepared from all the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon vacancies. This select list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 21 Dec 2017. All candidates, whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared provisionally medically fit in the Preliminary Recruitment Medical, would be required to report at INS Chilka. The selection of a candidate will stand cancelled and he will have no claim for enrolment in the Indian Navy in case the candidate fails to report on the date and time mentioned in call letter for final medical examination for enrolment. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
(h) The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
(j) Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
(k) All select listed candidates reporting at INS Chilka for final medicals and enrolment, are to produce the self attested certificates submitted at the time of submitting the online application, along with the original certificates. If the details provided during online application stage are not matching with the original certificates, the candidature will be cancelled.
(l) All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports/reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
(m) No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
HOW TO APPLY for Indian Navy Recruitment 2017
- For this entry, the candidates can apply ONLINE ONLY on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 22 May 17 to 04 Jun 17.The procedure is as follows:-
(a) Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
(b) Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your E-mail Id, if not registered already. The E-mail Id will be used for all future communication.
(c) ‘Log–in’ with the registered E-mail Id and Click on “Current Opportunities”.
(d) Click on “Apply” (√) button.
(e) Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct and all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded.
(f) Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
(g) Photograph. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.
19. The application can be uploaded from Common Service Centres (CSC) across the country, against a
fixed fees of Rs 60/-.
- In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates, they may contact IHQ MoD (Navy) through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
LAST DATE OF ONLINE APPLICATION – 04 JUN 2017
|Important Dates for Indian Navy Recruitment 2017:|
|1. Starting Date for Submission of Application: 20.05.2017
2. Last date for Submission of Application: 04.06.2017
3. Date of Written Examination: Sep/Oct 2017
Indian Navy Recruitment 2017:-
Indian Navy Recruitment 2017 Notification:- Click Here to Download
Indian Navy Recruitment 2017 Application:- Click Here to Apply
If you are looking for a Government job visit our Government job corner by clicking this link. Government Jobs
Visit our Tour Corner to know more visa related information’s/Articles.
Visit our Government Corner for more information’s related to Indian Government and Tamil Nadu Government.
Visit our Technology corner for more technology news.
Post your article in the given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page