National Scholarship Schemes Portal
National Scholarship Schemes,
Ministry Of Electronics & Information Technology,
Government of India
National Scholarship Schemes :-
Government of India invites application for National Scholarship Schemes from Minority and disabled students. Students can register and track their application process.
National Scholarship Schemes Portal:
National Scholarships Portal is one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
Benefits of National Scholarship Schemes Portal:
- Simplified process for the students
- All scholarships information available under one umbrella
- Single integrated application for all scholarships
- Improved transparency
- System suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible
- Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent
- Helps in standardisation
- Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level
- Scholarships processing
- Serves as a decision support system (DSS) for Ministries and departments as up-to date information will be available on demand.
- Comprehensive MIS System to facilitate monitoring every stage of Scholarships distribution i.e. from student registration to delivery of funds.
National Scholarship Schemes available at present:-
Minority Affairs National Scholarship Schemes:
- Pre Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Post Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities
- Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS
Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities National Scholarship Schemes:
- Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities.
Social Justice & Empowerment National Scholarship Schemes:
- Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students
- 7000 to Rs.10000 for the 11th and 12th grades.
- 25000 to Rs.30000 for Engineering.
How to Apply
Guidelines for Registration of National Scholarship Schemes on National Scholarship Portal
Welcome to National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- A. Fresh Students
Students applying for scholarship for the first time need to “Register” on the portal as fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in “Student Registration Form.”
Before initiating registration process, students are advised to keep their Educational and other documents such as Aadhar number, Enrollment number, Bank passbook etc. in hand.
To help students, brief description of registration form fields is provided below:
- 1. State of Domicile – Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address. Students are required to provide their domicile state correctly as the “Application Id” allotted to them will be based on domicile state and once allotted it cannot be changed under any circumstances.This application Id will also be used as “Login Id” on the portal and for future references.
- 2. Scholarship Category – Scholarship schemes are divided in four major categories. Students needs to select the relevant category based on their class/course in which they are studying. These categories are detailed below:
- 2.1 Pre – Matric Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students studying from Class 1st to Class 10th.
- 2.2 Post – Matric Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students studying from Class 11th, 12th and above which includes Courses like ITI, B.SC, B. Com., B. Tech, Medical etc.
- 2.3 Top Class Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students studying in Top Level colleges across India such as IITs and IIMs.
- 2.4 Merit cum Means (MCM) Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students doing Technical and Professional courses at graduation and post-graduation level.
- 3. Name of Student – Provide name as printed in educational certificates preferable class 10th certificate for students applying for Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme.
- 4. Date of Birth (DOB) – Provide date of birth as per their educational certificates preferable class 10th certificate for students applying for Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme.
- Mobile Number –Provide correct and authenticated mobile number, as all the communications and authentications related to portal activities will be sent on this mobile number.
In case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme one registration must be done with one mobile number.
Whereas, for pre matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have mobile number they can provide their parents mobile number however, parents mobile can only be provided for two scholarship applications irrespective of number of children.
- 6. Email Id – Provide correct and authenticated mobile number, as all the communications and authentications related to portal activities will be sent on their email Id.
- 7. Identification Details – Select and provide the information in this field very wisely. There are three parameters provided to students for identification such as:
- 7.1 Aadhar Number – In case students selects Aadhar number as the identifier, they need to provide their Name and 12-digit Aadhar number as printed on Aadhar card. Students who are having Aadhar number are advised to register with Aadhar number as preference will be given to Aadhar seeded eligible students at the time of scholarship disbursement. This will enable in directly crediting scholarship amount to student Aadhar linked bank account through Aadhar Payment Bridge (ABP) in fast track mode.
- 2 Bank Account –In case students selects Bank account as identifier, provide Bank branch IFSC code, active bank account number and name of bank as printed on their bank passbook. Students also need to upload the copy of their bank passbook.
In case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme one registration must be done with one bank account number.
Whereas, for pre matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account number they can provide their parents account number however, parents account number can only be provided for two scholarship applications irrespective of number of children.
In addition, when students uses bank account as identification they need to provide “Aadhaar Enrollment Id” and upload the scan copy of the same. However, when students receives their Aadhar number they should update the same in the portal.
Important Note for National Scholarship Schemes:
1. The login id and password to log into NSP portal will be your Application Id and DOB respectively. You are advised to mandatorily change your password at the time of first login for security purposes.
2.Students are advised to submit only “One Application Form”. In case if students submits more than one application form then all the applications submitted by students will be considered as “Duplicate” and will be “Rejected”.
3.Students are advised to provide “Annual Family Income” as per the Income Certificate issued by competent authority in their scholarship application.
To Apply follow the below steps :-
- Log on to official website of National Scholarship Scheme at scholarships.gov.in
- Click the link Students Login
- Upload all Scanned certificates to be required.
- Last date to Submit all details: 30.09.2017
- Apply link: Click Here to Apply
You may be interested in below articles :-
Did you checked this How to apply Patta for land in Tamilnadu?
You may be interested in TNPDS Online-Smart Card-Ration Card-Know everything
You may be interested in Know about Carpet Area-Built Up Area -Super Built Up Area
If you are looking for a Government job visit our Government job corner by clicking this link. Government Jobs
Visit our Tour Corner to know more visa related information’s/Articles.
Visit our Government Corner for more information’s related to Indian Government and Tamil Nadu Government.
View Technology corner for more technology news.
Post your article in the given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page