NEET Exam –Notification- 2018
NEET Exam :- As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The NEET (UG), 2018 will be conducted on Sunday, the 6th May, 2018. The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
Admissions to all seats of MBBS/BDS courses will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018. The seats are classified in the following categories:
- All India Quota Seats
- State Government Quota Seats
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
- Central Pool Quota Seats
NEET Exam – REQUIREMENT OF AADHAAR NUMBER
- For Indian citizens and ordinary residents of India, Aadhaar Number is a requirement to fill up the online application of NEET(UG), 2018 in all States except J&K, Assam and
- For NRIs, Aadhaar or Passport Number is required for filling up of the online application of NEET(UG),
- For Foreign Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s), Passport Number is the mandatory requirement for filling up of the online application of NEET(UG),
At the time of filling application form NEET(UG), 2018, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender and give their consent to CBSE to validate the information provided by them with the UIDAI’s database. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of NEET(UG), 2018. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
PATTERN OF TEST
The NEET (UG) shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The duration of paper would be 03 hours from
10.00 a.m. to 01.00 p.m.
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRI’s), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI’s), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO’s) & Foreign Nationals are eligible for appearing in the NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG),
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2018 e. the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission in MBBS/BDS seats shall be 25 years as on the date of examination with a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act,
|For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR)||born on or between 07.05.1993 and 01.01.2002|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH Category||born on or between 07.05.1988 and 01.01.2002|
- The candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying
- In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General category
- In respect of the candidates with benchmark disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC
- Provided that two years of regular and continuous study of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 from Open Schools or as Private candidates shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Test-UG. Furthermore, study of Biology/Bio-technology as an Additional Subject at 10+2 level also shall not be
- Those who are appearing in Class XII examination in 2018 can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions
- As the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana have decided to join and contribute their MBBS/BDS seats for the allotment to the candidates under 15% All India Quota from the academic year 2018-19 onward, the candidates belonging to these States shall also be eligible for 15% All India Quota
Important Dates and Fees :-
|Date of Test : 6th May, 2018 (Sunday)|
|SCHEDULE AND FEE DETAILS|
|Schedule for on-line submission of application forms||08.02.2018 (Thursday) to|
09.03.2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
|Schedule for successful Payment of online fee||08.02.2018 (Thursday) to|
10.03.2018 (Saturday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
|FEE DETAILS||FOR GENERAL/OBC||FOR SC/ST/PH|
|Rs.1400/- (INR)||Rs.750/- (INR)|
HOW TO APPLY for NEET Exam
- Candidates can apply ONLY
- Online submission of application may be made by accessing the Board’s website cbseneet.nic.in Instructions for submitting online application and payment of fee are available on website.
- Candidates may remit the fee in the following manner:
- Through any Debit/Credit Card
- Net Banking/UPI or
- e-wallets of different service provider
- CBSE will provide All India Rank. Result will be given to DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, of India to provide the same to admitting authorities.
- Concerned admitting authorities will invite applications for counselling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank by the admitting authorities subject to their applicable
COMMON SERVICES CENTRES/FACILITATION CENTRES – NEET Exam
Candidates, if need be, may take the assistance of Common Services Centres for filling up the application form. The details of the common services centres are given on the website www.cbseneet.nic.in
INFORMATION BULLETIN for NEET Exam
The Information Bulletin containing detailed information of test, syllabus, eligibility criteria to appear/admission, reservation, examination fee, cities of examination, State Code of eligibility, Age etc. is available on website www.cbseneet.nic.in. Candidates may, therefore, check all the details in the online Information Bulletin before submission of application form.
CONTACT DETAILS for any Quires or information’s for NEET Exam :-
The Deputy Secretary,
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Unit,
Phone No. – 011-22041807, 011 – 22041808, Fax No.-011-22509251
Toll Free No. – 1800118002,
Mobile No. : 9773720177, 9773720178 & 9773720179
You can visit the below links for other education related information’s
Tamil Nadu Government HSC|12std Career Guidance-+2
India Entrance Exams after Higher secondary
Higher Education Department G.O Tamil Nadu
Did you know how to link the following online?
You may be interested in below articles :-
Did you checked this How to apply Patta for land in Tamilnadu?
You may be interested in TNPDS Online-Smart Card-Ration Card-Know everything
You may be interested in Know about Carpet Area-Built Up Area -Super Built Up Area
Our Popular Kadhambam Pages :-
If you are looking for a Government job visit our Government job corner by clicking this link. Government Jobs
Visit our Tour Corner to know more visa related information’s/Articles.
Visit our Government Corner for more information’s related to Indian Government and Tamil Nadu Government.
View Technology corner for more technology news.
Post your article in the given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page