How to prepare north Indian style peas masala? Recipe by Anuradha Ramaswamy
Peas masala is a one of delicious dish served in most of the restaurants. But we never tried it in our home thinking that it is very difficult to prepare. But last week one of my friend described me the way about how to prepare it in our home. Yes, it is a very simple dish and easy to prepare in home. We can use this dish with pulkha rotti, Poori, Chapathi , Paratha and also with pulao.
Here is the way to prepare peas masala :-
Peas 1 cup
Onion 1 big
Garlic 4 pods
Turmeric powder less than 1/4 spoon
Salt as per taste
Red chilli powder 1/2 spoon
Garam Masala 3 pinches
Oil 2 tablespoon
- Grind onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes.
- Take a small cooker and pour oil.
- Add the grounded mixture, sauté for few minutes add salt, Turmeric, red chilli powder and Garam Masala, mix well and fry till oil omits from the gravy (the raw smell of masala has to go).
- Add peas and required water, mix well and check for the salt level.
- Close and give 3 whistle, remove from flame and serve with phulkha rotti, Poori, Chapathi , Paratha and also with pulao.
Aaloo matar (peas) Masala
Fallow the same procedure upto Step 3.
In Step 4 Add peas, add potato and required water, mix well and check for the salt level.
Close and give 5-6 whistle, Now aaloo matar (peas) masala ready.
remove from flame and serve
If it is dry peas then soak overnight and boil for 2 whistle.
If the gravy is watery add 1 spoon of atta with little water, mix well and add to the sabzi and boil for 2 more minutes.
Visit our Ladies corner for more recipes.
Dear reader, if you are interested in posting some recipes kindly upload your recipes in the below given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page
If you are looking for a Government job visit our Government job corner by clicking this link. Government Jobs
Visit our Technology corner for more technology news.