RPF Recruitment 2017-RAILWAY PROTECTION FORCE-19952 Job Vacancies
RPF Recruitment 2017-RAILWAY PROTECTION FORCE EMPLOYMENT NOTICE NUMBER 1/2017
RPF Recruitment 2017-RAILWAY PROTECTION FORCE
Ministry of Railways
Government of India
Applications are invited from eligible Male and Female candidates for filling up the posts of Constable in the Pay Band of Rs.5200-20200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 2000/- in the Railway Protection Force (RPF)-RPF Recruitment 2017- including Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF). Details are given below:
- NUMBER OF VACANCIES for RPF Recruitment 2017:
- PAY AND ALLOW ANCES for RPF Recruitment 2017:
The post carries a Pay of Rs.8460/- in the Pay Band of Rs.5200-20200/- including Grade Pay of Rs. 2000/- with such allowances that are admissible under Railway Rules.
- ELIGIBILITY for RPF Recruitment 2017:
Citizenship: The applicant must be a citizen of
Education: The applicant must have passed the Matriculation or equivalent examination conducted by a recognized Board. Educational qualification obtained from institutions other than a recognized State Board or Central Board should be submitted along with the Government of India notification declaring that such educational qualification is equivalent to Matriculation/Xth Class for employment under Central Government.
Age: The applicant must not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on
1st July 2011. That is, he/she must not have born before 01.07.1986 and after
01.07.1993. Age mentioned in the Matriculation or equivalent certificate will only
Relaxation in Age for RPF Recruitment 2017:
Relaxation in upper age limit up to 5 years will be admissible to applicants belonging to SC/ST category and up to 3 years to those belonging to OBC
Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years for those persons who had ordinarily domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 1stJanuary 1980 to 31st December The applicants claiming relaxation under this category must produce a certificate to this effect from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction they had ordinarily resided or from any other authority designated in this behalf by the Government of J&K.
Relaxation in upper age limit to the extent of defense service plus 03 years is applicable to Ex-servicemen provided break in service and re-employment should not exceed 02 years and they must have put in at least 06 months after
Physical Standards: An applicant must have the following physical standards:
|Height Male (Cms)||Chest Unexpanded Male (Cms)||Chest Expanded Male (Cms)*||Height Female (Cms)|
* A minimum expansion of 5 Cms in chest is essential
- METHOD OF RECRUITMENT for RPF Recruitment 2017:
RPF Recruitment 2017 will be made based on the performance of the eligible applicants in a Written Examination, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement, Viva-Voce Test, Bonus Marks, if any, obtained and Documents Verification.
a) WRITTEN EXAMIN ATION for RPF Recruitment 2017:
- The Written Examination will consist of 120 multiple-choice objective type questions of one mark each and shall be of 90 minutes The questions paper will be of matriculation standard with 120 as maximum marks. The question paper will consistof 35 questions on General Intelligence & Reasoning, 35 questions on Arithmetic and50 questions on General Awareness. Candidates will be required to answer all the questions. Each correct answer will be awarded 1(one) mark and 1 (one) mark will be deducted for 4 (four) incorrect answers. No mark shall be awarded or deducted for questions not attempted.
- Candidates must bring the Call Letter at the time of written Call letter will be sent by post. No one will be allowed to appear in the written examination without a call letter.
Question Paper will be set in the languages shown in the third column of the table given below. The corresponding Nodal Chief Security Commissioner to whom the application should be sent is also shown in the table. Applicants who wish to have the question paper in a particular language may indicate so in the Application Form. Language, once chosen cannot be changed under any circumstance.
|Group||Nodal Chief Security Commissioner||Languages|
|1||North Eastern Railway, Gorakhpur, UP.||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati.|
|2||Eastern Railway, Kolkata.||Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Manipuri, Bengali, Oriya.|
|3||East Coast Railway, Bubhaneshwar||Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati|
|4||Southern Railway, Chennai.||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Konkani, Marathi|
- The call letter will contain the date, place, venue and time of the examination and other instructions, if any on this
- A candidate must obtain at least 35% Marks (30% in the case of SC and ST candidates) in the Written Examination for being considered for other Test/Tests.
b) PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST (PET) AND PHYSICAL MEASUREMENT:
PET will consist of three events namely, 1600mts/800mts run, High Jump and Long A candidate has to qualify in all the three events as shown in the table given below. No marks shall be awarded to any of the events. The minimum qualifying standard for each event is as specified under:
|Event||Male||Female||Number of chances|
|1600 meters||5 min 45 sec||Not applicable||One|
|800 meters||Not applicable||3 min 40 sec||One|
|High Jump||3 feet 9 inches||3 feet||Two|
|Long Jump||14 feet||9 feet||Two|
Only those applicants who qualify in the Written Examination shall be called for PET and Physical Measurement. The manner in which the candidates are to be called and the number of candidates to be called for PET and Physical Measurement will be decided in such a way that candidates, to the extent of three times the number of notified vacancies in each category, are selected purely on the basis of merit to appear for viva-voce and documents verification.
- For the sake of convenience, 1600meters/800 meters run will be held Applicants qualifying in this event will take part in the remaining events of PET. Height and chest of those who qualify in the PET will be measured next. Applicants, who fail inany of the events of the PET or in physical measurement, either of height or chest, willbe declared ‘fail’ and shall be escorted out of the venue after putting an indelible ink mark on the index finger of the left hand. Their call letters will not be returned.
- PET will be held at a place and on a date decided by the respective Nodal Chief Security The applicants will be informed of the same in advance.
- There will be no PET for Ex-Servicemen.
- The call letter for PET will give further instructions, if any, on this
c) VIVA-VOCE AND DOCUMENTS VERIFICATION:
- Candidates who qualify in the PET and Physical Measurement will be called for a Viva-Voce Test and Documents However, the number of candidates called for Viva-Voce and Documents Verification shall not exceed three times the number of notified vacancies in each category. The candidates must produce all original documents in support of their educational qualification, age, SC/ST/OBC status, where applicable (on the format prescribed in the advertisement), domicile and any other extra curricular activities including NCC at the time of Viva-Voce and documents verification. Request for production of the original documents on a later day will not be entertained under any circumstance. Failure to produce the document may lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- The purpose of the Viva-Voce Test is to determine the general intelligence, awareness, alertness and soldierly traits and to assess the overall suitability of the applicant for employment in the Railway Protection Personal appearance in the Viva-Voce Test is compulsory. Those who fail to do so will not be considered in the final selection irrespective of their performance in the Written Examination.
- Maximum mark for the Viva-Voce Test is
Bonus marks (Maximum 5):
Bonus marks are allotted as under:
B Certificate of NCC – 01 mark C Certificate of NCC – 02 mark
Maximum mark for NCC certificates is 02.
Benefit is available only on production of Original Certificate. This benefit is not available to Ex-Servicemen.
Represented University at inter-university sports – 01 mark Represented State at inter-state sports – 02 marks Represented India at international sports meet – 03 marks.
Medal winner at national level sports meet – 03 marks
A male applicant whose height is 178 cms or more and a female applicant whose height is more than165 cms will be given 03 marks as bonus.
Total Bonus Marks for all categories put together shall not exceed
The call letter for the Viva-Voce test will contain further instructions, if any, on this
- MEDICAL EXAMINATION:
The applicants who are finally selected will be sent for a medical examination at a Railway Hospital. They will have to qualify in medical category ‘B-1’ as per the Indian Railway Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, knock-knee, squint eye, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment.
The candidates will have to undergo a rigorous initial training in any one of the RPF/RPSF Training Centers or any such Institution as decided by the Railway Administration in the event of their selection. The trainee recruits will be given a stipend of Rs. 5200/- + Grade Pay Rs.2000/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Railway Rules during the period of training. Passing the Final Examination at the end of the training is a must.
- HOW TO APPLY:
A.Examination Fee: An examination fee of 40 is payable in the form of a crossed
Indian Postal Order or a crossed Bank draft. Cheque or Money Order will not be
accepted. Female applicants, applicants belonging to SC/ST category, Minorities and
Economically Backward Classes and Ex-servicemen need not pay the Examination Fee.
B.Application form: a) The format of the application form is given in Annexure ‘A’. Application forms can be downloaded from the official website of Indian Railways (www.indianrailways.gov.in) or taken from the Employment News or from this advertisement and submitted on A-4 size bond paper, using one side only and sent to the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner corresponding to the language chosen for the Question Paper. Only one application need be sent. The addresses of the Nodal Chief Security Commissioners, the details of the person in whose favour the Draft/IPO shall be drawn and the place where payable are given below. The languages for the question paper are also shown against each Nodal Chief Security Commissioner for the convenience of the applicants.
|Group No.||Address of the Nodal Chief Security Commissioner||Draft/IPO drawn in favour of||Place where Payable||Languages for question paper|
|1||The Chief Security Commissioner,
North Eastern Railway, Post Box Number- 2 Head Post Office, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
|The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, North Eastern Railway.||Gorakhpur, UP||Hindi, English, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati.|
|2||The Chief Security Commissioner, Eastern Railway
Post Box Number – 840 GPO, Kolkota– 700001.
|The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, Eastern Railway.||Kolkata||Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Manipuri, Bengali, Oriya.|
|3||The Chief Security Commissioner,
East Coast Railoway, Post Box Number – 1 GPO, Bhubaneshwar, Orissa.
|The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, East Coast Railway||Bhubaneshw ar||Hindi, English, Urdu, Oriya, Telugu, Marathi, Gujarati|
|4||The Chief Security Commissioner, Southern Railway, Post Box Number– 545 Park Town Head Post Office, Park Town, Chennai – 600003.||The Financial Advisor and Chief Accounts Officer, Southern Railway.||Chennai||Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Konkani, Marathi|
8. Last date for receipt of Application: 14 October, 2017
The words, “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF CONSTABLE IN RPF INCLUDING RPSF” shall be superscribed on the envelope containing the application.
For Application form click the below link :-
For Full Notification details click here
You may be interested in below articles :-
Did you checked this How to apply Patta for land in Tamilnadu?
You may be interested in TNPDS Online-Smart Card-Ration Card-Know everything
You may be interested in Know about Carpet Area-Built Up Area -Super Built Up Area
If you are looking for a Government job visit our Government job corner by clicking this link. Government Jobs
Visit our Tour Corner to know more visa related information’s/Articles.
Visit our Government Corner for more information’s related to Indian Government and Tamil Nadu Government.
View Technology corner for more technology news.
Post your article in the given link. Visitor Posts Submission Page